How to tell a legit moto radio.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

New User

How to tell a legit moto radio.

Post by 2237 »

Hello everyone,
I purchased a xts 2500 with fpp radio off of ebay. It has tags, and when I enter service mode the tags match the info in service mode (except for the flashcode). My question, is it possible for someone to fake the tags or alter the information in service mode. Furthermore, when I put the flashcode from service mode in the flashcode decoder it says nothing about the government fpp. Sorry for the rudimentary question.
n3obl

Re: How to tell a legit moto radio.

Post by n3obl »

There is software out there that allows people to do change the flashcode to increase the options in the radio.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

It is very common for people to upgrade host/dsp, & flashcodes. Look at all the fpp radios that are available. Most didn't start life having fpp, but were upgraded to do so. As long as it was done properly, there should be no worries. But unless you know the seller, you really don't know what you will get on that auction site. Radios that were subject to accelerated life tests, or radios that were to be sold as scrap, only to appear on the auction site. What is the flashcode from the service mode? GARY
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

I flashed my XTS2500 since I had spare flashkeys left over from a job, but never bothered to relabel the radio. It is a factory radio, otherwise.
New User

Post by 2237 »

Flashcode 560001-001304-3
I got it off of a seller named willbird. he was very honest and seemed legit but u never know right. i have had no issues with the radio but just wanted to make sure it was not parted together.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

2237 wrote:Flashcode 560001-001304-3
I got it off of a seller named willbird. he was very honest and seemed legit but u never know right. i have had no issues with the radio but just wanted to make sure it was not parted together.
That flashcode does include FPP. Willbird is a member here & his radios are top quality. Enjoy. GARY N4KVE
New User

Post by 2237 »

Cool. Thanks for taking the time gents.
ka8ypy

Post by ka8ypy »

Yep, flashcode includes FPP below is the break down:

Decoding Flashcode: 560001-001304-3
Platform: XTS2500

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
Q52: Federal Government FPP
H869: Hardware Multikey Encryption
H35: Conventional Systems Operation
Q947: APCO Packet Data Interface
Q53: FCC FPP And Radio Cloning
Q387: Conventional Voting Scan
Q667: ADP Software Encryption

<A HREF='http://www.akardam.net/moto/tools/decode4.pl'>Decoded by the akardam.net FC Decoder v4</A>

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”