25khz bandwidth with new Waris CPS

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

craig

25khz bandwidth with new Waris CPS

Post by craig »

Has anyone gotten a patch from Motorola to operate 25khz bandwidth on Amateur frequencies yet? I'm just wondering how much of a pain it is for us licensed amateurs.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: 25khz bandwidth with new Waris CPS

Post by SteveC0625 »

craig wrote:Has anyone gotten a patch from Motorola to operate 25khz bandwidth on Amateur frequencies yet? I'm just wondering how much of a pain it is for us licensed amateurs.
I got them for both the Professional and Commercial series. It's not a patch, it is an entitlement key that you just enter into the CPS. It takes a few day to get it done, but it wasn't that much of a hassle.
resqroz
New User

Post by resqroz »

You must go to MOL and take a short online class. You will then be able to request the key to allow the new CPS to program 25khz channels.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

So is this only with the cps that forces narrow? What happens to ht1550's with FPP, can you still change it back to wide manually? Has anyone looked at what the entitlement code alters to open the cps? Is it in the registry like the region hack? And does it do something to the codeplug or can you go back and use older cps and get back wideband?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “Radio Programming”