Programming a PURC 5000

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arvetus
New User

Programming a PURC 5000

Post by arvetus »

I have a PURC 5000 transmitter that has been donated to our club that we would like to get working as a 2m repeater.
Model number is C93JLB-1101A.

It is currently set up to transmit on 152.0075.
I'd like to get it down to 146.

I understand this needs a suitcase in order to be programmed...specifically the R1800/1801 and appropriate adapter.
I believe we have tracked down the appropriate pin-outs to be able to interface our controller and subsequently a SpectraTAC to the transmitter, but we haven't been able to test anything or finalize anything due to the transmitter not being able to transmit in the amateur band.

Is there a source that I can tap for a suitcase or someone that has a suitcase is willing to burn the EPROMS and knows the right questions to ask so the right info gets burned and the transmitter acts how it should (legally speaking - inside the ham band) and how we want it to act?

Return to “Radio Programming”