R2200 goes dead

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

R2200 goes dead

Post by arlojanis »

I have a R2200 that goes dead after being on for 10 to 15 minutes. I can switch power off and back on and it will come back on and operate for a while longer. Is there a known cure for intermittant power supply?
"The world runs on radio."
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2200 goes dead

Post by DJP126 »

Check the solder connections on the filter caps.
Dave
arlojanis

Re: R2200 goes dead

Post by arlojanis »

Removed 4 screws in outer corners on heat sink on rear of R2200 and pulled power supply out about 2 inches and disconnected a cable connector and pulled power supply out all the way. All solder joints looked good except one that had been running hot. It was not very bad. I resoldered it. I noticed the nuts on the wafer switch on the back of the attn assembly were very loose. I was able to tighten them with a 3/16 socket and a vary small ratchet. It is running now, but I doubt it is fixed.
"The world runs on radio."

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”