APX 6000 vs. XPR 7000 Series

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

skorea2131
New User

APX 6000 vs. XPR 7000 Series

Post by skorea2131 »

I'm looking to purchase a new portable radio. I currently have a pair of HT1250's and a XPR 7550 VHF. I'm looking for a new UHF portable and have been looking at an APX 6000 Model 1.5. I do like the XPR series, but am wanting something a little different as well. I will only be using the UHF on conventional frequencies, and won't be using any of the fancy features for either. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with using both on conventional analog frequencies and has any comments. Pros and cons of both? Any issues with either?
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Re: APX 6000 vs. XPR 7000 Series

Post by sjxts3000 »

If price is a factor, then a brand new 100% legit XPR7550 UHF is about half the price of a used gray-market APX6000 VHF Model 1.5 (even if legit and tagged). If you bought the XPR from an authorized dealer, it would have a warranty. Also, you wouldn't need to buy a new charger...you can use your current VHF XPR charger and accessories. If you're not going to use all the fancy features, then stick with the XPR. You also get DMR with it, too.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”