Different License for New Motorola RSS

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Chris

Post by Chris »

Well, I don't know if anyone has taken a look at Motorola's updated RSS offering on their web site, but it is updated and available in PDF format.

Something I noticed is that a different license is needed for the HT/CDM Pro series and CT series radios than for any other RSS packages. Perhaps this is the solution for not being able to purchase the software when calling AAD at 1-800-422-4210. I don't know what the rationale for this is, but hopefully it will clear up some of the mystery for those of us who like legit RSS.

The regular license is RPX4719G (most RSS including Astro radios)

The HT/CDM Pro license is RLN4809A

The CT series license is RLN4995A

I searched the part#'s in Accesspoint and all these licenses are available for free to all customers.

Hope this is useful info..Chris
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

License application is available to all who ask. Try getting the Pro series ? I did and even though I have a RSS license from 'M'
they would not grant the Pro license. Explanation provided is that the decision on
the Pro type is up to some regional manager,
maybe you'll be more lucky in your region.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Sounds tough in the US!

In Australia you can buy RSS/CPS from any dealer, most dealers can just download of M's website!
I don't think I've ever signed a license agreement for any of my RSS but I still get the updates! If it's a US product sometimes you have to wait 2 weeks for it to be shipped (CD-ROM's).
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

i tried to get legit copy from motorola for the pro series, but they denied me, that sucks. i will hope that they will offer the pro series rss to individuals to buy soon, because i want to be legal, and they need my money...:smile:
jim

Post by jim »

What makes me laugh is they call it "Customer Programming Software." If they won't sell it to the customer, why don't they change the name to "UPS" for "Unobtainable Programming Software?" Oh, that name's already taken. Never mind!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”