Zetron Model 15 paging encoder

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Zetron Model 15 paging encoder

Post by nmfire10 »

I'm looking to get one of these for my Firehouse as a backup to dispatch. What I can not find is a damn manual anywhere for this thing. I like to get the manual and read up on exactly what it can do and how before I buy it. Anyone have a PDF manual or know where it is archived. I can't find it on Zetron's site or anywhere else online.

While I'm on the subject of this device... anyone ever use one? Likes? Dislikes?

Thanks!!
Matt
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Hell, if anyone knows any OTHER options to use that are similar to the Zetron, I'm open to anything. I just want to be able to use our firehouse as a backup dispatch. If anyone has a Model 4010 for around $300, give me a shout :)
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

Zaputil

Post by Zaputil »

The M15 is a good little unit, especially if you need to do multiple formats. Maybe a little overkill if you only want to do 2-tone. A Model 5 Zetron would be better if you only need 2-tone. These units are front panel programmable and fairly easy to use. If you do need to use multiple formats, the entry string is different. The first digit is the format, then the capcode, then the message.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Unfortunately, we don't use the standard tone sets, at least I don't think. The Model 5 does not allow for custom tones.

A) 1395
B) 1036
C) 979.9

I'm not sure off hand what the other two depts use.
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

CHEFA2001
Banned

the model 5 p is however

Post by CHEFA2001 »

The model 5 p is custom tone able
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

OK, now I'm confused. The Model 5 spec sheet says "For custom or plectron tones, use Model 15"
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

CHEFA2001
Banned

CORRECTION

Post by CHEFA2001 »

Shoot, I messed up, I meant to type in model 15p.
Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Chef~
EDACS - Every Day Another Customer Screams...So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the
Kleenex...BOO, HOO, HOO.....AMERICA Should have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

I suppose I will forgive you... :P :lol:
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

n3obl

Post by n3obl »

For custom tones in a model 5 you need to order the unit directly from the company. THey will pick a group and place the custom tones in place of original motorola tones and send you a code sheet.

My dept has one with the Z series tone 2 being changed to 1985.0 to hit the old alert monitor boxes.

Frank
ajwisler
New User

Re: Zetron Model 15 paging encoder

Post by ajwisler »

Although this is an old post - I found a model 15A. Zetron very nicely gave me a 15B and 15P manual which does not match close. Zetron claims that is the oldest in their archive. I just need this to wire in to our backup for the backup unit. Any chance someone has a 15A manual to share?
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

nmfire10 wrote: Dislikes?

Thanks!!
Matt
Could NEVER get the support staff to support the programming software to run on XP
so we could move on into the present and when asked it was as if it was impossible
for them and to them it was unthinkable. They would only support the programming
software to run on ancient DOS. Never had any good dealings with the support staff
since whenever we asked them for something it was like pulling teeth!
fineshot1
NJ USA
radio64

Post by radio64 »

Do you still have that 15P programming manual? I bought a 15P off eBay and can't find the programming manual now... AND to top it all off, after I get it programmed, I have to make a cable to connect to a Kenwood TK-790 radio... But first, programming!

bwebster (at) nycap.rr.com

Thanks, Ben
wa6ylb

Post by wa6ylb »

CHeck your email.
B.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”