Kia Magentis Install : DUW

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Code3
Batboard $upporter

Kia Magentis Install : DUW

Post by Code3 »

I just finished an install for a friend of mine in his kia magentis. Just in case anyone could use some Ideas

SmartSiren SM (He demanded it be placed there, not my first choice)

Whelen 34 Grille strobes, and corner strobes. Siren speaker mounted underneath Headlight.

Custom D&R Led arrowstick 8 light with end LED flashers and strobes underneath.

Deck Lights mounted using existing child seat bolts.

VHF M1225 mounted in place of plastic holder below the radio.
motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

Not bad, except for that knee-buster of a siren controller...
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

what kind of supports are behind that plastic blank to hold that 1225? never ripped apart one of those dashes...easy enough to find something sturdy to bolt it to?

and he's GOTTA be under 5'8" with that siren mounted there. I'm 6'5" and cringing at that controller.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Post by Code3 »

The M1225 is attached to the radio with a couple of custom brackets. There are some extra mounting holes on the side of the AM/FM radio.

I know, I know... I wouldn't have put the controller there if it where my vehicle, but he swears he never bumps into it, and loves it there.. I dunno..
familo77

Post by familo77 »

Nice work, by the way, the install looks great. I refer to the car as the Kia Menengitis. One can not help but wonder that if one can afford all that gear, why not a less embarassing car?
jim

Post by jim »

Why can't everyone that wants to post pics just add a URL link to them instead of wasting bandwidth?
frodo
Batboard $upporter

Post by frodo »

It dosent waste bandwith, thats why you cant upload an image to the forum.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

Looks like a neat install and I bet that car was full of challenges, nice job. What kind of strobes are those (underneath the arrow stick)?
Also kinda curious as how the front grille looks with the strobes behind it when the hood is down...
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Post by Code3 »

The deck strobes are D & R electronics.

http://www.dandrelectronics.com/db/inde ... ar%20Heads

THe grille strobes are quite visible when the hoods goes down, I'll try to get a picture of that.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”