Okay..SpectraRSS on WinME running...

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kd6rfs

Okay..SpectraRSS on WinME running...

Post by kd6rfs »

Okay...so I tranfered the RSS (zipped) onto my WinMe laptop, it works fine right now, but I dont think it will write/read....and I dont want to try it! plus...I dont have a spectra cable yet anyway....but the RSS now will boot up and run properly, as before on this machine 2.6Ghz WinXP I just got a blinking cursor....so, the next step I guess is to get a older 486.....I got someone who has a 486/SX/33 IBM laptop, he says everything works except the battery wont hold a charge....he wants $15 "buy it now" plus $22 something for shipping....should I buy it? what I mean is will this machine run spectra RSS properly in DOS? ::::PLEASE READ::::
ITS A HYPERDATA 486 IBM LAPTOP

David,
This laptop is a 486. I'm not sure if it is a 33mhz or 50mhz. I know it has DOS and the floppy drive works. The battery does not hold a charge. The power adapter is included. What is a rs232 port? I'm not sure about that. It does have PCMCIA slots on the side and there are ports on the back. Like I said in the auction, I received this with a bunch of other computer parts, so I am not too familiar with it. I haven't used it myself, just thought to post it before taking it apart. It is functional, the trackball doesn't work, but the external mouse is included and does.

I have several watchers on the auction, but I'd end the auction (or put up a BIN for you if you want) for $15 plus shipping if this will work for you. Let me know. Thanks!
::::END::::

so, will this machine run Spectra RSS v6.00.05 properly? thanks, David KD6RFS
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

dude, for $37 bucks you can try...

i mean, it will most likely run the RSS at that speed (might have to knock back the cache and some other stuff in the BIOS to slow it down)...but your most telling indicator will be if it reads the radio the first time you try it....

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”