Control cable for the Washington State SP X9000?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Control cable for the Washington State SP X9000?

Post by Pj »

Came across this tonight on ebay... SP02 cable. Something doesn't look right to me, but could this be a control cable for the Spectra/x9000 setup they had?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOROLA-SPECTRA-T- ... dZViewItem
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
kbmp0992
Batboard $upporter

Re: Control cable for the Washington State SP X9000?

Post by kbmp0992 »

http://www.open.org/~blenderm/syntorx9k ... ml#x9krcab
YKN4231A - T-Cable, Negative Ground, Spectra Auxiliary Receiver (SP06 radios only)
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Post by kc7gr »

Yep, that's one of ours. As Mike's site has so accurately pointed out, that one fed the Spectra area receiver.

I have no idea if it is usable for other purposes. I have seen cars with both the area receiver and the HLN1185 series siren/PA box together, so I suspect the 'SP' refers to additional wiring rather than any change in "core" wiring.

Happy tweaking.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
twowaytekk

Post by twowaytekk »

I do have one of these setups and the Spectra control cable (for the RX) can easily be modified to be a X9000 programming cable.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”