bluewave antenna ?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mike m

bluewave antenna ?

Post by mike m »

Anyone know of a US distributor for bluewave antennas ?

http://www.bluewaveantenna.com/
HumHead

Re: bluewave antenna ?

Post by HumHead »

Conveniently, I was just talking with them about a custom antenna project. On some items, they will sell direct to the end user.

They said they have two "distributors" in the U.S.- Vasu Communications in Ohio, and Kimark (?) in Dallas (who I couldn't easily find with Google), although they said neither of them is really a stocking distributor in the traditional sense.
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.
mike m

Post by mike m »

thanks for that info,

I couldn't find any of those that you listed using google.

Their web page only listed a Canadian distributor and it indicated they needed a US tax exempt number to ship direct through US customs.

Mike
cablemonkey

Post by cablemonkey »

I would strongly recommend you consider Comprod antennas instead of Bluewave as we recently undertook an expensive re-and-re of 9 failed 'extreme' duty Bluewave 210C2 style units from coastal mountaintop sites. Failure analysis on each one showed extensive corrosion from water ingress. Their construction is just not up to par with other manufacturers and IMHO the product is not suitable for coastal locations. YMMV.
mike m

Post by mike m »

I was just trying to find resale pricing info on a 3 el 900 yagi that someone gave me in a box of junk.

M
psapengineer

Re: PCTEL (Maxrad) aquires Bluewave

Post by psapengineer »

Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

Post by Jim2121 »

Looks interesting Mike! 1st. time I heard of it. just going to bookmark it for now! Jim
Messages can't be intercepted if they aren't sent, can they?
Erwin Rommel

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”