Spectra MDC muting

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Zack08

Spectra MDC muting

Post by Zack08 »

Does anyone remember which RSS option I have to change to disable MDC1200 muting on a particular channel. I thought that when I programmed the radio initially, it was selected on a channel-by-channel basis, but after changing the programming a couple times, it seems to be enabled radio wide. It mutes even if I have "call decode" for a particular channel turned off. Did I miss an option in the "radio wide" screen, or should I just try to change the channels to DTMF decode to prevent the muting. (which reminds me, can the spectra even decode DTMF without an extra board installed?)

A couple channels I monitor use a hilo alert that tricks the radio into muting, and it makes for a horrible sounding alert tone. :o
n5api

Re: Spectra MDC muting

Post by n5api »

I stumbled across the setting the other day while playing around with MDC signaling on a few Spectras. I'll fire up the programming computer later on this afternoon and see if I can't find it again. I seem to recall it's called DOS (Data Operated Squelch). I'll post back when I find it.

John
john9912
New User

Re: Spectra MDC muting

Post by john9912 »

John is correct. It is called DOS and can be set different per MDC signalling system. It is in the Signalling System Configuration.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”