Saber II ERR 1 05

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

verruckt
New User

Saber II ERR 1 05

Post by verruckt »

Model is a H43QXJ7139CN

Display is reading ERR 01 05

Currently running RSS 7

I'm having a problem when trying to program the radio that is showing a error message along the lines of (and not exactly) that "there is only 2k in the external EEPROM, you codeplug you want to use is 8k, aborting programming". This is using a basic codeplug for that model number, with only 1 channel. Not even the one for the H33 will work.

Any ideas here? I don't have the codeplug that the radio had before, so I'm sort of blind here and wondering whether to brick it or send it in for repair. However I would rather do this myself.

Thanks All.
Zack08

Re: Saber II ERR 1 05

Post by Zack08 »

I honestly dont know what a 1 05 error is, but did you try selecting the 2K memory option on the radio wide settings and then programming?

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think the big M still supports the saber series, so they will probably just laugh and return it to you if you send it to them for repair.
SYNTORX71MAN
What radios do you own?: Two Tin Cans and a String

Post by SYNTORX71MAN »

I agree a saber with Big M, You might as well wish in one hand and Sh#@ in another before they would fix it....But I am sure there is a board member who would under take the task if it comes to that.....I need a Astro Saber looked at as well.....Its times like this that we would have turned to Monty..God rest his soul......
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

It may be that the radio is truly a 2K radio. The only way it to confirm on the front shield under the LCD if there are 4 IC's or 5 the 8K had 5 IC's . It was a 8K that was truly an 8K that was crippled to a 2K there is a way to intentionally corrupt the codeplug to try to bring it back with a fresh codeplug. It is explained in the Saber page on the model specific pages on Batlabs.com The other way is to find a 8K front and replace it. The fronts are not band specific.

The saber support was cancled Jan 1,2005 . Parts are getting harder to find new but there are plenty resources here to help with what you need.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

Your CP data is configured for an 8K EEPROM and not a 2K.

Stuffing in 8K features will simply not work, you need to slim down the radio feaatures you wish to utilize, such as scan, selective scan, selectable PL Etc...

Remove features one at a time until you can program the radio.

No matter what, you can't gain full keaypad access with ANY 2K EEPROM.

Swap the 2K front with an 8K and recase the radio, build a new codeplug with the 8K memory and realign.

Return to “Radio Programming”