P25 + Crypto

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VE9MP
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: FPP Railroad XTL9000 Cleancab

P25 + Crypto

Post by VE9MP »

Im on a SZOL system, theres a few users on a single talkgroup running P25 and DES encryption.....now what im wanting to do is to be able to listen to the encrypted noise of the people using a different key then I am so I dont talk over them...because right now my radio gives me no indication that the talkgroup is busy before I key up....is there some option in CPS im missing that mutes this? XTS3000 btw....thanks
-----Nick-----

"I can trip some repeaters in Maine, but I'm not getting any audio into it, is there some type of tone frequency I use? If so do you know what one is for Maine?" - The SMT Machine
4n6inv

Re: P25 + Crypto

Post by 4n6inv »

There's a software setting in one of the secure fileds that says something to the effect of "unmute only on/with proper key." I uncheck it for the same reason. The local sheriff changed keys last Friday and forgot to include me in the list. If I hadn't heard the noise; I'd have waited a while before I was aware. They use DES-OFB 50% of the time. I would have just thought it was slow...
VE9MP
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: FPP Railroad XTL9000 Cleancab

Post by VE9MP »

The only thing I can find is proper code detect....is that it?
-----Nick-----

"I can trip some repeaters in Maine, but I'm not getting any audio into it, is there some type of tone frequency I use? If so do you know what one is for Maine?" - The SMT Machine
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

You could enable "Secure LED" so that the LED flashes when secure traffic is going. If your on a SZOL system, you should be getting a boink as you shouldn't be able to talk over them.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
4n6inv

Post by 4n6inv »

Try the "Proper Code Detect". That sounds familiar. That's likely what I was speaking of. It has different names in different software versions and software types dating back to the DOS versions.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”