M1225 crackling when off issue

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

M1225 crackling when off issue

Post by jrm5265 »

Hey guys got an M1225 that seems to work ok but when its off you can hear an intermittent hiss/crackling noise coming from the speaker. It is wired hot all the time so theres pwr going to it in this scenario but radio is turned off

Thanks
Joe
eastmetrocomm@aol.com
Tron
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Re: M1225 crackling when off issue

Post by Tron »

Looks like the audio module is connected at unswitched A+. I've had a few over time that the audio module became leaky, and you would get crackling in the speaker as you describe. A little troubleshooting with a good scope would be in order.

Tron
"Where the Old Soo crosses the New Soo, Duplainville, Wisconsin"
jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

Post by jrm5265 »

ok I am not a tech just an installer type, is this something that an MSS could fix or is an M1225 doing that going to be declared unrepairable ! LIke they do a lot of stuff....................since eveyrthing seems to be disposable these days

also I really need a couple of volume knobs for that Sm50/M1225 Sm120 type radio do you have any ?
Bat2way

Post by Bat2way »

For what an MSS will charge you ($125.00+), you might as well sell/trade with problem noted to a tech buyer and get a replacement.
Tron
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Post by Tron »

Perhaps one of these fine gentlemen on the board here who have service shops could help you out.

Tron
"Where the Old Soo crosses the New Soo, Duplainville, Wisconsin"

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”