Maxtrac Signaling Problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

k4puf
New User

Maxtrac Signaling Problem

Post by k4puf »

I've acquired a Maxtrac 300 (16 pin version) and have been trying to setup quik call ii signalling (specifically encoding) and have run into a dead end. Supposedly everything is programmed correctly. I've setup qcii signalling, and set that signalling mode to the Ch. 1 TX. However, when I press the "select" button to enter the "call alert" mode nothing happens.......no menu change/display change whatsoever to select the call. The radio only gives a short "error" beep. Help?
Zack08

Re: Maxtrac Signaling Problem

Post by Zack08 »

You set up a signalling system, but did you create a call list? Its like F6 or F7 (cant remember which) and its where you set the tones that you want to encode.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

I would have to go do some checking, but I am pretty sure that QCII encode takes an optional board to work.
Any chance that is the problem, does your radio have the optional TX encode board?
Decode is standard.
xmo

Post by xmo »

"...QCII encode takes an optional board to work..."
-------------------------------------------------------------

No. QCII encode does not require a hardware option board.

In addition to setting up a call list with the correct tones to send, you must enable the radio to send calls.

-> F4 - Change View
--> F2 - Radio Wide
---> F2 - More Radio Wide
----> Choose CA [Call Alert]

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”