CPS out of date?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PropellorHead
was LACityFD
What radios do you own?: XTS 5000 to Mocom

CPS out of date?

Post by PropellorHead »

So I've been programming my XTS-5000 M3 with CPS version 12.00.00 software. Today, I upgraded my XTS firmware to Host: 12.00.17 / DSP: 12.00.05 and obviously, in true Moto style, my CPS no longer works (trying to read) with this firmware version. Is there anyway around this?

Thanks in advance guys.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: CPS out of date?

Post by Mfire39 »

That firmware version has nothing to do with why you can't read the radio.. If CPS R12 wont read it now, then you either did the upgrade with CPS R13, or wrote to the radio at some point with CPS R13. The CPS is the only thing that will change the codeplug version. CPS R12 uses codeplug version 17, while CPS R13 uses codeplug version 19.

The CPS updates the codeplug version during a write or firmware upgrade. But the firmware cvn file itself does not alter the codeplug version. You can take a radio with host R10 lets say, and upgrade it with a host R12 firmware cvn using CPS R13.. The radio now becomes a R13 codeplug version with host 12. Just an example..

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
PropellorHead
was LACityFD
What radios do you own?: XTS 5000 to Mocom

Post by PropellorHead »

So my theory was that I could write a saved v.12 codeplug back to the radio, but that didn't work.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Nope, not going to work. The CPS checks the current codeplug version before the write.. It will see a newer version in the radio and not write the old codeplug.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.

Return to “Radio Programming”