Astro Spectra Consolette question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WB4JGI
was whitstu

Astro Spectra Consolette question

Post by WB4JGI »

I have a Astro Spectra W7 consolette that I'm currently controlling via the on board tone remote board in the consolette. And I need to access more than 8 channels, which leads me to my question.

My question is would the consolette be capable of being controlled through a RCH3000 deskset controller with a Digital Junction Box? Or would I have to swap the TRC board for some sort of digital controller board?
Or can I plug in the Digital Junction Box into the back of the consolette as configured and disable TRC commands in the CPS?

Any assistance is appreciated on this matter. Thanks.
Stu
4n6inv

Re: Astro Spectra Consolette question

Post by 4n6inv »

You'd need the digital board. It interfaces with one (or more with a splitter) RCH3000.
WB4JGI
was whitstu

Post by WB4JGI »

Ok. Also how much would one of these digital interface boards cost I wonder?

Thanks for your help 4n6inv
Stu
akardam

Post by akardam »

TRN7391C, which is the Digital Audio Interface Board (read, used for local or digital remote control) for the Astro Spectra Consolette lists for $728.
WB4JGI
was whitstu

Post by WB4JGI »

Alright thanks akardam I'll keep my eye out for one of those.
Stu
W1HVN
What radios do you own?: MX300 w/DVP

Post by W1HVN »

I've got a couple RCH3000 desksets, and an Astro consolette. If I want to connect two RCHs to one Consolette, can it be split by just making up an RJ45 Splitter from the DB25 to RJ45 RCH cable, or do I need a special junction box?

I guess the simple way to ask is can I just use an RJ45 splitter to use multiple RCHs with a consolette?

Thanks
d119

Post by d119 »

I seem to recall that a digital junction box is required for that type of operation.

I've never set up an RCH3000 though, so I could be wrong.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”