duplexer design curves for Moto?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DAL-COM

duplexer design curves for Moto?

Post by DAL-COM »

In the back of the Telewave catalog are some duplex curves for the GE MastrII. They show how much filter attenuation you need for 1dB max desense for a given frequency offset. There are two curves:
1)one curve is for the transmitter noise sidebands as a function of frequency offset.
2) another curve is for the receiver rejection as a function of frequency offset.
With this info you can pick the duplexer filters that you need.
It would be great if other mfr. published these curves. Does anyone know where to find them on the Web?
Thanks
"depending on your point of view, either the changing magnetic flux makes the electric field, or the changing electric flux makes the magnetic field- but you can't have one without the other"
Hartley
Batboard $upporter

Duplex curves

Post by Hartley »

Hi DAL,

I have a set of those curves for MICOR, but I've never seen them for any other Motorola radio. The PS agency I worked for in the 80's got the pages by demanding 'em from the sales rep before they spent mega-bux on new repeaters - I doubt you could get them any other way except an "inside" connection!
And I bet the MICOR was better than most new stuff except possibly Quantar..

73 DE Hartley
DAL-COM

Post by DAL-COM »

Hallo Hartley, you would think this info would be available from all the vendors, but it might be tough. Any chance you could send me a photocopy, or scan it and email it?
I will pm you in any case.
Thanks.
"depending on your point of view, either the changing magnetic flux makes the electric field, or the changing electric flux makes the magnetic field- but you can't have one without the other"
xmo

Post by xmo »

Motorola has detailed operating characteristics on all their base stations. They used to distribute these books to the System Engineers and Field Engineers. The books were marked: "COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL"

These contain all the operating characteristic verifications for the product; TN-RD, pre-emphasis/de-emphasis, audio power, distortion, RF power, frequency stability vs. temperature. Maybe 50 or more pages.

What Hartley got were a couple of pages out of the Micor book.

In more recent times the TN-RD pages out of these books were incorporated into the antenna sites design reference manuals and Smartools software [also company confidential]

The probability of finding any of this data on the Motorola web site in PDF format is 00.000%.
Hartley
Batboard $upporter

Duplex curves

Post by Hartley »

Hi all,

I'm sure Moto has all the info - like xmo says, they just don't let it out easily..a shame really, 'cuz if you're designing systems, it's invaluable info..I guess only "factory engineers" are allowed to do that..

I will drag mine out tonight and scan 'em - they aren't marked with anything special, so I have no problem sending them to the board - would Bat be able to add 'em somewhere?

DAL, I got your message, and I'll send you a copy as soon as I have it done.

73 DE Hartley
DAL-COM

Post by DAL-COM »

Hartley, you are all right! If I can get anything from Vertex or Icom I will let you know.
Hartley
Batboard $upporter

MICOR duplex data

Post by Hartley »

Hi All,

Now I feel real dumb - I can't seem to find the sheets, at least not where I THOUGHT I left them.. I'm going to have to conduct a more extensive search, so it may have to wait 'til the weekend.. (I did find all my Moto duplexer data sheets, tho...:-)

73 DE Hartley

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”