Switching to Wookie

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ro
What radios do you own?: GP380

Switching to Wookie

Post by ro »

I have both a GM 1200 and a GP 1200 that I upgraded them to a MC 2100 and MT 2100. I programmed them with the 2100 DOS RSS.
Can I switch to Wookie for programming or is there a risk of damaging the radios?

And, how reliable is Wookie?

Best Regards,
Ro
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

Never do this!You can get an error that is hard to fix,if you have not the skills.
For the MC2100 radios,Wookie Mobius is always not a good tool,because it will not let you tune the front end filter.

Andreas
Ed

Re: Switching to Wookie

Post by Ed »

ro wrote:.......
And, how reliable is Wookie?

Best Regards,
Ro
Wookie is an old beta version, and not always stable! If you read/edit a radio, and afterwards save the codeplug, Wookie sometimes deletes all the channels, so the backup is in the radio. On some radios you can tune frontend, others don't....

Ed
"American beer is like making love in a canoo. It's both f*cking close to water."
(Monty Python's Flying Circus)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”