Toyota tacoma install

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ryang1

Toyota tacoma install

Post by ryang1 »

Ok all I finally got my tacoma and i am strating the install I have 4 strobes that are going in the front and 2 for the rear for now in the fron t they are going to go in the headlighta and i am going to try to put them in the fog lights i have leds in the grill and strobe for the dash. now i am trying to figure out how and what kind of radios to install i need high low and uhf. probable going to order a sti-co antenna this week. any help would be great unfortanly there is not a tone of room to mount radios.
thanks again ryan
ps i will try to get some pictures to post once i get going
akardam

Post by akardam »

As far as radios go, I've done overhead mounting and done stuff with a custom console I built to fit over the stock center console. There just isn't a lot of room in the Tacomas unfortunately.
uman18
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, XTL5000 UHF/VHF

i have an 04 prerunner extra cab

Post by uman18 »

i have an 04 prerunner extra cab. i took out the trim where the 2 extra cig lighters are, right under the ash try and put a BC780xlt scanner and used one of the cig lighter wiring to hook it up and relocated the other cig light outlet to right below the shifter on the other part of the console. i also have a remote mount vhf cdm1250 that i mounted on the console. at one point i had a Gm300 remote mount inside the very bottom compartment of the are rest. fit perfectly but needed more channels. i'll post pic soon

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”