Can't Edit My Profile..

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Can't Edit My Profile..

Post by kb0nly »

Anyone notice that you can't edit your profile on here now? It just takes you to an error message about stuff being suspended on the board.
Batboard Registration is currently closed. Please check back in a week or two!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/17/2006
I have been advised that you can not actually currently edit your profile, I'm aware of this issue, and am working on a fix.

Sorry in advance.
Was trying to update my email address and website address tonight.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Post by emsbuff3240 »

Yea i was wonderring that too... Why is registration closed?

I tried to edit my e-mail, and to stop pms goin to my old e-mail account but i got that. Would it be possible for an admin/mod to change my profile if this is going to go on for a while?

Thanks
-Jon
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

It's been closed due to a spam issue - and because I don't have SSH at work - my time to fix it has been very limited.

Hense the message there - that it's hard to edit your profile.

It is on the to-do list, i'm just very tied up right now.

-Alex.
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

Was spam getting in through the PM's or? Just wondering because i haven't had any spam problems.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
gatekeep
What radios do you own?: XTS2500i III, AS III

Post by gatekeep »

... I don't want this to sound out of place, but, I have almost expert experiance with phpBB forums, alex, if you need anything lemme know. If I'm out of line by attempting to lend a hand please let me know.

Anyways, you should probably either a) update the forum software to the newest version (2.0.21 I think it is) or b) install a confirmation code modification. (Even though the latest forum software has the confirm code stuff.)

Anyway my .2 cents on the spam.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

gatekeep wrote:... I don't want this to sound out of place, but, I have almost expert experiance with phpBB forums, alex, if you need anything lemme know. If I'm out of line by attempting to lend a hand please let me know.

Anyways, you should probably either a) update the forum software to the newest version (2.0.21 I think it is) or b) install a confirmation code modification. (Even though the latest forum software has the confirm code stuff.)

Anyway my .2 cents on the spam.
Both are those are done.

-Alex
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

kb0nly wrote:Was spam getting in through the PM's or? Just wondering because i haven't had any spam problems.
No, it was with BOTs creating accounts for spamming purposes. I recently forwarded Alex a phpBB mod which deals with turning off registration, hopefully without causing the 'profile' issue...if it works & isn't a nightmare to implement, I'm sure he'll do it in good time.

In the meantime, I believe I can make profile changes through the Admin panel...if anyone has specific things they want/need changed, drop me a PM & I'll check it out.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

One big issue is changing the displayed time. Right now everything I look at assumes the local time is GMT - 4 hours. That was great for DST, which ended a few weeks ago. Now I'd like to change it to GMT - 5 for EST. It's only done twice a year, but still, someone has to do it.

I wouldn't have to do this if the system knew about making this change all by itself, but alas... one more item on the wish list.

Bob M.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

kcbooboo wrote:One big issue is changing the displayed time. Right now everything I look at assumes the local time is GMT - 4 hours. That was great for DST, which ended a few weeks ago. Now I'd like to change it to GMT - 5 for EST. It's only done twice a year, but still, someone has to do it.

I wouldn't have to do this if the system knew about making this change all by itself, but alas... one more item on the wish list.

Bob M.
Heh heh...that's a sore point for users & developers alike, apparently:

http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... f8b2056e8e

I'll wait for a fix to editing profiles before offering to change everyone's displayed time...I don't think my PM inbox would survive. :)

I edited yours though...let me know if it took effect.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Thanks for tending to that minor annoyance.

Will you still be here in the spring to set it back to GMT - 4?

Bob M.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

kcbooboo wrote:

Bob M.
:lol: :lol: Yeah, I don't plan on going away anytime soon...Alex, methinks that's a challenge to fix it beforehand...

JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

wavetar wrote:
kcbooboo wrote:

Bob M.
:lol: :lol: Yeah, I don't plan on going away anytime soon...Alex, methinks that's a challenge to fix it beforehand...
That's not a challenge... too much time to get it done. A challenge would be if DST was tonight.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

To all: Sorry for the inconvenience on this - and I don't want to get any more PM's any more than any other admin here to get little changes like the time zone fixed. (Some of that I could just do a back end change that would do everyone's....)

Since this week is thanksgiving week, I will not be at work where they have been kind enough to disable SSH access (Grr) and I can get some of these updates done to the board.

I appreciate people's suggestions, and as usual, just ask that they bear with me as I do some of these backend changes.

I know that there's at last two people that I've said I'd manually add 2 weeks ago, and haven't done - and it's just been a really crappy schedule on my part - so I apologize, but we'll get 'er fixed.

-Alex
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Is it fixed? I was able to edit my profile to accomodate PST, so it must be. Thanks Alex!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Yep, Alex must've been busy on the weekend. Registration is now open again as well, with more checks & balances on the back-end to hopefully filter out the 'bots from the legit users.

Todd

oh2glg
What radios do you own?: DP4801 DM4601 SL7550 MTP850S

language pack for phbb lost?

Post by oh2glg »

Thanks to Alex for being busy improving Batboard for all of us.

However, before BB crashed few months ago, there was a choice to change the language in user preferences that affected all texts that were generated by phpBB engine.

I used to have it in Finnish, since that was available and I speak Finnish as well - duh.. Now there's only English. That's really fine as well. Returning other languages is just a suggestion from me in case it is possible with this version of phpBB.
Jussi Strömberg
Ham call: OH2JS/OH2GLG

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”