Mt 1500 Program Cable

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jongage
What radios do you own?: Alot of old Motorolas

Mt 1500 Program Cable

Post by Jongage »

Ok our department has us trying out a new radio to see if we like it. We have a copy of the RSS for the radio but dont have a programing cable.

The radio is a MT 1500. Is the programming cable for this radio the same as other radios or is unique???

Thank
Jon Gage :roll:
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Same as XTS5000
cartwright

Post by cartwright »

We just got 10 of these radio's , MT 1500 v1.5 with display. We were going to go with the PR 1500 but we decided the display would be nice. I have yet to start playing with them yet. Our vender told us they do MDC signalling, but yet they are a few posts here that say other wise. I'm looking for PTT ID and decoding. No concerned about displaying the "caller ID" on the screen. Let me know how you like these so far, I heard they sound great, very good audio.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

MT1500 does not decode MDC PTT IDs, only encodes them. Stupid, yes. That's Motorola for you
RadioMaster08
Banned

Look on ebay

Post by RadioMaster08 »

Look on ebay for a programming cable got a lot of them for my radios try it that where I shop for used radios most of the time

Return to “Radio Programming”