Spectra Astro cloning problem

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Max

Spectra Astro cloning problem

Post by Max »

Hi
I have 2 Motorola Astro Spectra's VHF Trunking.
Radio 1: Model: D04KKH9PWAN
Firmware: 08.03.xx.xx
DSP: I06.03.00
1 Meg
System Package: G51
Radio 2 :
Model : D04KKH9PWAN
Firmware:N08.02.06
DSP: N08.02.06
System Package:G51
1Meg 2.5 Khz
I am trying to clone radio 1 to radio 2 using CPS.Radio 2 takes the C/P but will not clone the same OBT Control Channels or the Channel Assignment Channels,but takes all the conventional channels and works fine.When i try to change the OBT and Assignment channels ,the box turns red and will not let me keep the change.
Also,when i take the V-Board from radio 1,and put it in radio 2 the trunking works fine.
Any ideas what i am doing wrong?
Thanks for any help
Max
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Not knowing much about trunking since I dont use it so I may be totally off base but my guess is your missing the system key and thats why it wont do it.

Jason
Max

Asrto Spectra Problem

Post by Max »

Radio number 2 is taking the sys keys.
Max
kossuth

Post by kossuth »

You need to do a drag and drop. What version of CPS are you using??? Being you have a different flashcode and so on here is what you need to do. Open the codeplug for radio 1 and have it use only 1/2 of the screen. Then open up a second CPS and read out radio 2, again only using 1/2 of the screen. You should be able to see both codeplugs totally. Now the funny thing about doing a drag and drop is that it isn't perfect. You need to delete all your zones out of radio 2 except for the first zone and all the personalities except for the 1st one. Now where the serial number is on the top of the codeplug where all the drop down menus originate at click on radio 1 hold the left mouse button and drag it over to the serial number on radio 2 and release the button IE drag and drop. You will get a few errors IE menu items won't copy over ect ect but that is the easy part. That should get you started.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”