Astro Saber - Green LED

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rayjk110
Banned

Astro Saber - Green LED

Post by Rayjk110 »

I've got a problem with a couple of AS3's that a friend described to me...

For some reason, upon power-up, the Green LED on one only flashes for like 1/4 of a second, whereas the other one's Green LED stays steady for the normal couple of seconds on power-up.

Are there any known issues that would cause this? It doesn't seem to hinder operation what-so-ever, but it's just something to me that's a "little wierd".

Also, one works in an AVA and one does not. One has rev7 f/w, and one has rev5 f/w.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

A certain firmware is required for AVA operation. Don't ask me what version. The higher the firmware, the more info is contained in it, the green light comes on during self test, the more info it processes the long it takes to do the self check, my guess is the 7 f/w radio has the longer green light?

Jason
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

I'm 7.something, and the green light on mine stays on for about a second or so. I doubt it is a problem, I'm betting it's exactly what Jason described. Is there anything functionally wrong with the radio that you're seeing, or is it just that the light stays on for a shorter time?

Also, have a look at the "SELF TEST" on the display. It should stay on for as long as the green LED. If that's the case, then you know it's just taking more time to process the firmware's self test.
oh2glg
What radios do you own?: DP4801 DM4601 SL7550 MTP850S

Re: Astro Saber - Green LED

Post by oh2glg »

What other purposes there are for the green color on the bi-colored led other than glowing during selftest?

On Astro Saber and XTS 3000 as well as with Waris-models there is the same green led as well, but I've never seen the green used for any other purpose than to glow during power on.. So is that really it's only purpose?
Jussi Strömberg
Ham call: OH2JS/OH2GLG
d119

Post by d119 »

The green LED also indicates when the radio has received an ASTRO, MDC or Trunking Page/Call Alert. I believe it also indicates when you are in a Private Call, but I could be wrong on that.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”