Looking for info and pictures of XTVA portable base station

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kossuth

Looking for info and pictures of XTVA portable base station

Post by kossuth »

Basically I know what a XTVA is and such and we need some sort of portable base station at my work but I can not find any documentation or anything about these things. I know they exist, just can't find it. I'm looking for something on the VHF side 136-174 with a HHCH and an inline amplifier. Also wondering do these have internal batteries built in??? I uncertain. Thanks for your help.
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

If you have the $$$$ /\/\ will build anything you want (by the 100 qty :wink: )

They don't have batteries, but something could be rigged up as needed. What radio are you wanting one for, that will be a good starting place.
sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

Post by sglass »

drop ka8ypy a note, he has a suitace type thing he got from spectragod.
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

sglass wrote:drop ka8ypy a note, he has a suitace type thing he got from spectragod.
I remember some of the ones I've seen on e-pray for the sabers, very sexy :D I'm thinking of making something like that myself, just a lot simplier...
kossuth

Post by kossuth »

Sorry, we have XTS 5000's. I'll have to drop ka8ypy a note or maybe he will see this. I thought about possibly making one, using a TPL amplifier and such but I figured I would try to see what was commerically available first you know. If you guys have any links drop them if you wouldn't mind.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

There are optional amps for the XTVA, so if you're somewhat technically inclined it probably would not be too difficult to neatly case everything up along with a 110VAC->13.8VDC power supply. Just be prepared to spend about 2 grand on the XTVA with all the accessories you'll need.
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

As soon as he said XTS5000, I thought ouch, $$$$ :D

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”