New style RIB with RJ-45 jack and RS-232 question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

GradyMedic

New style RIB with RJ-45 jack and RS-232 question

Post by GradyMedic »

I have one of the newer style rib boxes that has an RJ-45 port on it as well as a RS-232 port. The port is switch selectable. Does anyone have one of these RIBs? Can I use the RJ-45 port to program any of the professional series radios (M1225, CDM, etc) with a CAT 5 cable?

I have the RS-232 to RJ-45 for the old style rib box, but wondered if the other would work, if anyone has done such, or knows the answer....
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

is this a true motorola rib or an ebay special?
videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Re: New style RIB with RJ-45 jack and RS-232 question

Post by videonerd »

If you're talking about a Sandy Ganz RIB, then yes, to program a Maxtrac/Radius radio you can use a Cat5 patch cable to do the job.
Jongage
What radios do you own?: Alot of old Motorolas

Post by Jongage »

I have one of those Ebay specials that have both the RJ45 and get this a RJ-25 on both sides. The original morotola box has a RJ-25 on one side and a RJ-15 on the other. Screwed me up completely!!!!!!!!!! The person who created it I guess decided to build it like that to get around the copyright. Makes sence and I would have build it the same way, but just watch out because the pin outs are different than the information here on bat labs.

-Jongage
d119

Post by d119 »

Jongage wrote:I have one of those Ebay specials that have both the RJ45 and get this a RJ-25 on both sides. The original morotola box has a RJ-25 on one side and a RJ-15 on the other. Screwed me up completely!!!!!!!!!! The person who created it I guess decided to build it like that to get around the copyright. Makes sence and I would have build it the same way, but just watch out because the pin outs are different than the information here on bat labs.

-Jongage
DB, not RJ...

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”