RMN5104 Bluetooth adapter for XTS/HT1000/MTS Radios + review

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bulletproof-791
What radios do you own?: to may to list here!!!!

"M" bluetooth update adapter

Post by bulletproof-791 »

OK i just got the kit.....just 1 little problem...
with the VOL all the way up on the radio the head set is not as
loud as i thought it would be.... but other wise it works very well
i know two others who have these and one person said the same
NOT very loud...if anyone has any input please post........scott
"Arguing with a fool proves there are two"
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: "M" bluetooth update adapter

Post by escomm »

Have you tried adjusting the volume from the headset... ?
bulletproof-791

Re: RMN5104 Bluetooth adapter for XTS/HT1000/MTS Radios + review

yes i did...just forgot to add to post..see in the past i have used the surveillance ear mic ..it may be louder do to it being more in the ear then out...dont get me wrong i really like it...if used for DUTY or extra job ( i.e party wedding recpt. where it will be very loud) you may wanna use a REG. speaker mic....
radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

Post by radioinstl »

bulletproof-791 wrote:yes i did...just forgot to add to post..see in the past i have used the surveillance ear mic ..it may be louder do to it being more in the ear then out...dont get me wrong i really like it...if used for DUTY or extra job ( i.e party wedding recpt. where it will be very loud) you may wanna use a REG. speaker mic....
remember, all motorola products will not be as loud any more due to haveing to comply with OSHA rules
Chrome69
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: MCS2000,XTS3000,MTX8000

Post by Chrome69 »

So did you test this on a XTS3000 yet?
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

I wonder how well it'd work with one of these Bluetooth motorocycle headsets? It'd be handy for me if it did, while out bush on the XR250.

http://www.scootersales.com.au/News-481 ... adset.aspx

(Hey, a legit use for the bluetooth thingy after all.)
bulletproof-791

works very well on my XTS3000,MTS2000, very old HT1000
Chrome69

Post by Chrome69 »

i guess i will have to get me one of those.. :) thanks
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Chrome69 wrote:So did you test this on a XTS3000 yet?
Yes. I have personally tested and found it to work on:

All XTS Series radio
PM/PR Series portables
HT1000
MTS2000
MTX8000
MTX9000
MT2000

Anything with a standard jedi connector that follows the Motorola standard pin outs work. The adapter does not communicate with the radio at all.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
jban
What radios do you own?: AS mob, ASIII, XTS/XTL

Post by jban »

Now if they will only design a BT ear bone mic for Firefighter use with SCBA. One less thing to get tangled up in :lol:
John B
Grog
On Moderation

Post by Grog »

Heh, a disaster waiting to happen. A firefighter, on a trunked system, using P25, and a BT audio system. Yeah, nothing could go wrong there :lol:

Has anyone tried these with non-motorola BT headsets? Any issues with a quality (non-$10) setup?
bulletproof-791

I tried to use it with a non moto BT head set an it would not pair up....
KMB

Post by KMB »

I got my BT adopter and headset to from escomm today.
I have tried it with my XT5000 and a non-Moto headset over 1 hour, they work good even I put the radio in my backpack.
It is convenience for me as my BT headset can connect to my XTS and mobile phone together (can select connect to one of them) so I don't miss my phone calls.

But the voice is low comparing with talking on mobile phone even I turn the volume of my radio to the max.

And there is interference when I close to my Wi-Fi rounter.

Right away, it seems working good. 8) 8)
libuff

Post by libuff »

KMB wrote:I got my BT adopter and headset to from escomm today.
I have tried it with my XT5000 and a non-Moto headset over 1 hour, they work good even I put the radio in my backpack.
It is convenience for me as my BT headset can connect to my XTS and mobile phone together (can select connect to one of them) so I don't miss my phone calls.

But the voice is low comparing with talking on mobile phone even I turn the volume of my radio to the max.

what bt headset are you using?
VR2WTF
was likimkim - 1 Warning for RSS/CPS

Post by VR2WTF »

Does this BT headset is better or worse than Freelinc?
:o
KMB

Post by KMB »

libuff wrote:
KMB wrote:I got my BT adopter and headset to from escomm today.

what bt headset are you using?
It is from a local company, don't see it selling in US.
It works very ok when I connect to two mobile phones. But I found that it sometimes cannot work when 1 radio + 1 mobile, maybe the radio BT often transmit signal.
Chrome69

Post by Chrome69 »

So where is the best deal to buy one, i want it for my XTS radio and i want it with headset...
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

If you want a BT "Headset", try the Moto S9. I'm not sure if it'll pair with the XTS Bluetooth adapter, but they're both M so I don't see why not...
4n6inv

OK; I Broke Down and Bought One!

Post by 4n6inv »

After reading this post over the past couple of days; I decided to go ahead and buy one. I already had to place a battery order for the local SO and get a spare battery for my new KVL3000 Plus, so I decided that; what the hell; it's only $146.00 for the whole deal, Let's Do It! And I did. Like others that have posted; it took me all of about 20-30 seconds to mate the headset and the radio. My first impression was "Just Damn! This isn't very loud!". So I turned up the radio volume as far as it would go, and it nearly blasted my ear out! (and I'm pretty badly hearing impared) Transmit audio is excellent in both Astro (IMBE Digital) and Analog, and then, both again, using DES-XL, and DES-OFB. Ditto recieve. I can see that it may not be a very prudent choice if you're pulling up on a fight or a foot chase, but it is a damn fine toy. It would be a great accesory to have during a night time building sweep. My only concern is that there is a toggle switch located on the top of the radio adapter to mute TX and RX from the radio speaker and mic. If one were to suddenly be confronted and got into a scuffle, the headset is likely to go flying and you'd have to try to flip the toggle switch back over to the radio whie you were in the midst of all of this to call for help. The headset isn't as heavy or as bulky as I had imagined it would be with a AAA battery inside, but I do plan on trying a few other headsets that are rechargeable, and thus; smaller and lighter weight. This is just my two cents worth based on a couple of hours use. Motorola has helped re-define the word "Nerd". I love it!

Jim
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Post by fire_master_21 »

I am thinking of getting one for use during hazmat calls. Has anyone on here that's a hazmat tech tried using it in a level A?
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: OK; I Broke Down and Bought One!

Post by n7maq »

Motorola does not recommend this unit for first responders, or any one in a "mission critical" situation. The below is from a PowerPoint presentation.

The PowerPoint is located here http://members.trainorders.com/x4449/MotoBT.ppt

Jim
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

VR2WTF wrote:Does this BT headset is better or worse than Freelinc?
I have a Freelinc and a friend of mine has a BT unit. We can try to get them side by side to do a comparison and let you know.
OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

Post by OCSD117 »

i'VE BEEN MONITORING THIS TOPIC AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT SOMETHING....sorry about that .....How did the people in advertisement at /\/\ forget to add the xts3000 series to the list of radios it works with? Pretty stupid if you ask me! Maybe they are out sourced in Mexico to where XTS and other radios magically turn into other radios!
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
4n6inv

Post by 4n6inv »

OK; so I've had mine for a whole day, now. I tried one of the smaller H350 headsets and couldn't get it to mate with the radio. Has anyone else actually used a different bluetooth headset than comes with the setup and mde it work? I'm partucularly curious as to whether or not anyone had used the setup with a non-Motorola headset with success. So far; I love it for casual monitoring and trasmitting, but wouldn't try it in a million years if I were in a situation where I had to throw hands.
VR2WTF
was likimkim - 1 Warning for RSS/CPS

Post by VR2WTF »

:lol: :lol:
KS4VT wrote:
I have a Freelinc and a friend of mine has a BT unit. We can try to get them side by side to do a comparison and let you know.
I am waiting your news.
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

As am I

VR2WTF wrote::lol: :lol:
KS4VT wrote:
I am waiting your news.
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
libuff

Post by libuff »

my FreeLinc just arrived.. it seems to me to be a better option in my business (EMS)...
KMB

Post by KMB »

libuff wrote:my FreeLinc just arrived.. it seems to me to be a better option in my business (EMS)...
I got a FreeLinc and Motorola BT now, I also agree the audio of Freelinc is better than M BT.
OCSD117
was RPDM313

Post by OCSD117 »

I saw on the Freelinc website that they will be or already have created a mobile radio adapter. What is the range on this if say it were in a cruiser!
radioinstl

Post by radioinstl »

has anyone ordered the Motorola Mobile bluetooth adapter yet?
RKN4092B
Mobile Adapter Cable with BLUETOOTH™ Wireless Technology
Interface between mobile radio and 3 Meter Cable
for use with CDM GM300 etc
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

Tell you what, I like my BT adapter so far, but the supplied earpiece has to be the most uncomfortable design ever. I think I'll try it with a jawbone when I can pick one up.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
wyldman

Post by wyldman »

Just got mine today,so far it works pretty good.The earpiece is nothing special,but it does work well.

Audio is loud and clear,except when the original signal is poor.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

KMB wrote:
libuff wrote:my FreeLinc just arrived.. it seems to me to be a better option in my business (EMS)...
I got a FreeLinc and Motorola BT now, I also agree the audio of Freelinc is better than M BT.
Ditto except that I already had a Freelinc and just got in the /\/\ BT. While the BT is a lot smaller and looks like everyone else's BT device, I find the Freelinc to be of higher quality and more rugged.

I guess it depends on what your looking to do with it as to which one you would go with.
bulletproof-791

can someone post what other BT head sets work PLEASE
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

bulletproof-791 wrote:can someone post what other BT head sets work PLEASE
I successfully used it with a few OLD plantronics earpieces, sorry no model numbers.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
firemedic4

Post by firemedic4 »

Will the Bluetooth mic from the ht1250 work with this kit.
EOppegaard

Post by EOppegaard »

So for those of you with the freelinc, what "compatibility issues" do you have with the XTS Series Radios? For those of you with both, which do you find better? The Moto one does look sleeker, however the freelinc looks a bit more rugged. The main advantage I see though is the Moto one being bluetooth with a common headset that wouldn't stick out any more than a regular person.

I have been thinking about picking one of these up for when I am not working (EMS). We pickup a lot of 2nd unit calls (aka $$$) and monitoring with my XTS in public draws a bit too much attention. While I make fun of people walking around with a BT headset in their ear and not on the phone, I think this would be better than attracting attention with a radio talking under my coat.

I'd also be interested to see how a BT's battery would hold up, is it constantly in "talk mode" since it needs to be ready to transmit?
Eric Oppegaard
Where's Oppie?
jban

Post by jban »

I bought a Jawbone, paied it, works fine. Much better than the M BT and it stays on your ear. I am still disappointed on the audio output (not near as loud as a $2 earpiece) but that is probably due to the overall lower audio output of our trunk I can't get the comm people to acknowledge.
John B
wkr518

Re: Motorola Bluetooth speakermic and CDM's

Post by wkr518 »

n1oty wrote:See, if you were a government buyer with taxpayer money, you wouldn't have to ask "how much"?

John
N1OTY
Maybe where you are at,but business officers and Purchase Agents here in my area are always asking" is that on State Contract?", or " how much is bid price?".
nothing
sf23103
New User

Post by sf23103 »

Hello all,

I found this forum while searching for reviews of my newly purchased bluetooth adapter for my XTS3000.

When I purchased it I did not buy the package deal because I already had a jawbone headset that I really like. I paired the two and it worked perfectly.. for 4 hours when the battery died. I didn't really think about it, but when the two are paired the battery is being drained as if you were talking, even if you are not holding the TX button. Since I work 12 hour shifts, this obviously didn't work very well.

A coworker of mine has the H300 that came with the package deal and he was not too impressed. He said it was not very comfortable and he had difficulty with making the volume loud enough. I have read some comments in this forum along the same lines.

Does anyone have any other experience with bluetooth headsets that last for more than 12 hours on a single charge? Of course the smaller and more comfortable the better. The jawbone was great, and I didn't fear that it would fall off when I ran.

Thanks!!
Alex
kb9suy
What radios do you own?: too many!!

rkn4092b

Post by kb9suy »

does anyone have info on this rkn4092b bluetooth can not find any info at all. my boss ordered it and its a 16pin cable with a box then rj-45 jack on it.
radioinstl

Post by radioinstl »

radioinstl wrote: They have also came out with a remote set out for CDM GM300 and some others #RKN4092

[Adjusted OP's topic to better reflect discussion -Alex]
jban

Post by jban »

I use my Jawbone all day and it holds up great. You may need to replace the Jawbone battery. I agree with the Moto earpiece being junk.
John B
Jay911

Post by Jay911 »

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just picked up this device and have it working with the H300 headset (although the audio still comes thru the radio speaker in addition to over the headset).. just curious, is there any way to pair this thing with other such stuff? For example, I was thinking I could pair it to my BT-equipped netbook and listen to audio from my radio (and possibly record it if I so desired using a wav/mp3 recording program) on the computer.
--j.
DES-AJ
What radios do you own?: Too many...

Re: RMN5104 Bluetooth adapter for XTS/HT1000/MTS Radios + re

Post by DES-AJ »

mr.syntrx wrote:I wonder how well it'd work with one of these Bluetooth motorocycle headsets? It'd be handy for me if it did, while out bush on the XR250.

http://www.scootersales.com.au/News-481 ... adset.aspx

(Hey, a legit use for the bluetooth thingy after all.)

Old thread I know but has anyone ever successfully paired the bluetooth adaptor to a bluetooth motorcycle comms system?
AES AND DES ARE NOT CCI's - YOU CAN EXPORT THEM IF YOU WANT - Wassenaar Arrangement

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”