Motorola Astro Ordering

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

panthersvolfd

Motorola Astro Ordering

Post by panthersvolfd »

Hello Friends,

My department is looking to purhase new motorola astro radios, since we will be getting DHS funds for it. We would like to have 2 radios single head/dual radios 800mhz/UHF. and 2 Dual head/Dual Radios 800mhz/UHF. We would like to know what are the options available at the moment that can be install to the radios. (FlashCodes, Firmware, etc) if there is some sort of buyers guide or sales broshure available. If you have any suggestions please feel free to comment.
txshooter

Re: Motorola Astro Ordering

Post by txshooter »

I would suggest contacting your local Motorola Dealer who can point you in the right direction and bid these out for you.

This will help you locate your local Dealer

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64928
Last edited by txshooter on Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add MSS locater information
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
libuff

Post by libuff »

does anyone know whereby in writing it states that we must have P25 enabled equiptment to comply with FEMA grants. I need to produce such information for my board of directors.

Thanks in advance.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

It should be specified in the grant that your appling for. I know many have required narrowband equipment, and equipment that can be "upgraded" to P25, but not nessesarly ordered with the digital options. NMfire here on the board went thru this about a year or so ago, and I think he mentioned the same thing.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”