Buying CPS from Motorola

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Motoman
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 III, MTS2000 III,

Buying CPS from Motorola

Post by Motoman »

Well i bit the bullet and traded my MTS for an XTS 3000. An Extra 500 bucks and all is good. But now i need the CPS. Is it as easy as calling up Motorola and handing over the cash? Also i'm in Sydney, Australia does anyone know who i can contact to obtain this information on pricing and licencing? Motorola.com.au website is useless every link takes me to a U.S Version site.
Motoman at your service!
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: Buying CPS from Motorola

Post by HLA »

do you know anyone that lives in the states? have them order it if you do.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Terry_Glover

Post by Terry_Glover »

That's not exactly one of the legal ways of acquiring Motorola software, is it? He might as well just ask you for it...
Terry
KMB

Post by KMB »

HLA wrote:do you know anyone that lives in the states? have them order it if you do.
How to order?
As I asked my friend in US to contact Mot, but they said that they also sell CPS to dealers only.
:o
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

In US the CPS license can be tough to obtain. Unless things have changed recently they were geared towards agency affiliations or large self-maintaining users (they asked for radios S#'s). RSS which is covered under a different licensing agreement is much easier to obtain.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

Motoman, check your PMs.
Dave

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”