CPS trunking crash course

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Motoman
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 III, MTS2000 III,

CPS trunking crash course

Post by Motoman »

Would someone be able to give me a crash course in how to setup trunking personalities in CPS for an XTS3000.
I've loaded the "System Key".
I know the control frequncies, and talkgroup IDs. But i don't know where to input them. Nothing in the CPS says "Control Channels" everything is vague. The closest i found to control frequncies was the Channel Assignment which gave you step Khz then TX min and TX Max and then the same for RX. But will only allow ranges of around 5mhz in step and won't allow same specfic frequncies. Any help would be much apperciated.
Motoman at your service!
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: CPS trunking crash course

Post by Mfire39 »

Motoman wrote:I know the control frequncies, and talkgroup IDs. But i don't know where to input them. Nothing in the CPS says "Control Channels" everything is vague.

Whats the flashcode in your radio? If it's flashed for trunking, you should have a tab in the trunking personality field for control channels.... The CPS is pretty straight foward with trunking, if it's flashed for it...

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

and you are gonna need to know what type of system it is and make shure your radio can do that system
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Motoman

Post by Motoman »

Yes my radio is flashed for Smartzone and Smartzone omni-link, the trunking network i want to program is SmartZone. It's for a type 2 system. I open the CPS and in the trunking systems there's nothing that specifically says "Control Frequncies". It's give me a thing called "Channel Assigment" And it gives me 3 lists for both RX and TX seprate and allows me to choose Khz spacing and start and end frequncies. I'm also given an option under another tab to do full band control channel scanning. Cheers
Motoman at your service!
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Motoman wrote:Nothing in the CPS says "Control Channels" everything is vague.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
Motoman

Post by Motoman »

Thanks for everyone who responded I had a mate last night who's clued up in this area show me what i needed to do. The "OBT Control Channels" i totally looked over after going to the help menu and it said it was something to do with failsoft if the system goes down. THanks heaps
Motoman at your service!

Return to “Radio Programming”