ProRadio.exe cannot find RUI41.dll

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HumHead

ProRadio.exe cannot find RUI41.dll

Post by HumHead »

OK-

I have an uncooperative computer on my hands. I do not remember if the Professional Series CPS had worked previously on this particular machine, or if I had installed it and never used it.

At any rate, when I install and try to run the Professional Series CPS I get an error message informing me that ProRadio.exe has failed to start because it is unable to locate RUI41.dll. It suggests re-installing the application.

I have tried my luck with both R06.10.02 and R06.10.04 The installs are clean legitimate downloads from MOL.

I have uninstalled and re-installed everything /\/\ on this machine, and the problem still persists.

Comparing the problem install with a working machine, both have the RUI41.dll file in the same location: Program Files\Common Files\Motorola\RDK.

Any suggestions on why this beast cannot find it or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
cbus

Re: ProRadio.exe cannot find RUI41.dll

Post by cbus »

uninstall the program and anything else that might use it seen it is in the common files folder, reboot, run a registry cleaner. reboot, re-install, reboot, try to see if it works now.

similar things have happened on me with .dll's after install non-compatable cps(i.e. in the cps help file, it may say that you first might need to remove something before installing(e.g. tuner ver *.***)

good luck
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Copy and paste the RUI41.dll into the batch of installed Pro radio CPS files, then try to run the CPS..

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Thank you guys.

I think we are all pretty much on the same page. I had uninstalled all of my /\/\ titles, run CCleaner and reinstalled the CPS. I was still getting the same error.

If I copy all of the .dll files that ProRadio.exe is looking for from "Program Files\Common Files\Motorola\RKD" to the "Program Files\Motorola\Professiona Radio CPS..." folder the program will launch.

Obviously it does not know where to look for the files. I suppose that this counts as making it run, but I don't trust /\/\'s software on a good day, let alone when it has been kludged into running.

Any suggestions on why it is failing to look in the proper directory or how to fix that?

Thanks again.
Amateurs train until they can do it right. Professionals train until they cannot do it wrong.

Return to “Radio Programming”