Flashcode upgrades

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

securitymikey
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu, Kenwood

Flashcode upgrades

Post by securitymikey »

Hello. I have XTS3000 I want to have flashed to do GE star and a Astro Spectra flashed to do P25 digital w/ID and MDC1200. First off is this going to be costly to do this and second is this something I could do on my own or do these units have to go back the "Big M"?
I'm gonna need a third job just for this "hobby"!
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: Flashcode upgrades

Post by Mfire39 »

An XTS3000 will not support GE Star...

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
securitymikey
New User

Post by securitymikey »

Oh well so much for that idea. How about the Astro Spectra?
akardam

Post by akardam »

An Astro Spectra analog to P25 digital upgrade runs a little over $500 list, and Digital ID Display runs about $75 list. You (or your radio shop) need to submit an order for a FlashPort upgrade, including model, serial, current flashcode. You will recieve a FlashPort upgrade key, along with a software disc with the current Host/DSP firmware. You will need an OEM Astro Spectra flash cable (RKN4047) and an OEM Motorola SmartRIB (RLN1015C or later) and the latest CPS. Upgrading should take about 30 minutes.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

securitymikey wrote:Oh well so much for that idea. How about the Astro Spectra?
Just curious, what is the current info on the astro spectra you have? Model, host/dsp, flashcode?

Jason
securitymikey
New User

Post by securitymikey »

Ok. I guess thats why the guy I got it from didn't what it then being he would have had to spend a few bucks to upgrade it. Model # for unit is D04RKF9PW5ANSP01. i belive the flashcode is 0000010020005. From what I understood the radio was only able to do conventional which was all I wanted at the time I got it. Thanks for the info guys.
BikerScout
Batboard $upporter

Post by BikerScout »

Who thanks for that. I was going to buy a radio with that flash code. Now I know how much it would cost to upgrade it. I was wondering what the decoder meant by the following.
-----------------------------------------------
Decoding Flashcode: 000001-002000-5

G48 Conventional Systems Operation
G241 Analog Only Operation
<A HREF="http://www.akardam.net/moto/tools/decode3.pl">Decoded by akardam.net FC Decoder</A>
-----------------------------------------------

So, just because the radio has 'Astro' it does not mean it does P25. So does it do VSELP? or is that a different flash code?
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

No, it just doesn't do any sort of IMBE or digital modulation at all... just analog.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

D04RKF9PW5ANSP01

Is this the marine radio with dual RF connectors, or something else?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Pj wrote:D04RKF9PW5ANSP01

Is this the marine radio with dual RF connectors, or something else?
I've come across 2 R-split Astro Spectras with the SP01 suffix, and they were both 453-488 radios. There were a bunch on Ebay recently, and this guy had/has one for sale too.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”