console on a budget?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wa2zdy

console on a budget?

Post by wa2zdy »

I just happened upon this thing on Ebay. It looks kinda beat up, but maybe it's useful or better than it looks, and someone on a budget might want to look at it. I don't know myself, but what the heck. At least y'all can look for yourselves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1387246709

Good luck,
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

If you spent a few dollars in some flat-black spray-paint, it'll look like new.

Looks like a heck of a good price.!

Mike
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

Console parts

Post by 2wayguy »

You are right some black paint would work wonders. You will probably need new brackets for your specific equipment anyway. That is what you see the most of anyway so it will look new when you fill it
YoChief

Post by YoChief »

Don't spray paint over top of the old finish. The old dings and dents will stand out like a sore thumb.

You can get "Wrinkle Finish" spray paint most everywhere. (NAPA, etc.)

Take the console to a shop and have it sandblasted or use a grinder yourself, except it's hard to get into the corners, and then paint it with primer. Finish with the above paint.

The thing will look new!

Watch out for the mounting brackets, they can run into money :o

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”