cost of Q667 ADP software encryption feature

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

adlertom

cost of Q667 ADP software encryption feature

Post by adlertom »

Can someone tell me the correct list price for Motorola to add Q667 ADP software encryption (the one that doesn't require a UCM) to a newly ordered XTS2500?

I've heard prices as low as $10. Some posts here say $255. Our sales rep just quoted us $366.77 per radio to add this feature!

I'm trying to figure out if our sales rep is cornfused or if this is the new, accurate LI$T CO$T.

Thanks,

Tom
wa6ylb

Re: cost of Q667 ADP software encryption feature

Post by wa6ylb »

adlertom wrote:Can someone tell me the correct list price for Motorola to add Q667 ADP software encryption (the one that doesn't require a UCM) to a newly ordered XTS2500?

I've heard prices as low as $10. Some posts here say $255. Our sales rep just quoted us $366.77 per radio to add this feature!

I'm trying to figure out if our sales rep is cornfused or if this is the new, accurate LI$T CO$T.

Thanks,

Tom
If this is a *new* radio order, and the portable hasn't shipped, but is still in the order system, then its
a $10 option for software based ADP encryption. (minus any sales discounts).
I've ordered many hundreds of radios with this.

If you already have the portable (in hand or its been shipped to you) and want to add this software encryption, then its
$75 to do so (no discounts on after the fact flash upgrades). (I ordered 65 of these a couple of months ago).
If you have to make an order for the flash upgrade, then you will need
to know what the current radio is, such as is it a trunking, digital, analog etc. I can help you
determine this if needed. Other things needed for an "after original sale flash upgrade":

1. Current flash code. This is the flashcode that CPS says the radio is, not what the tag says. If
the radio has been flash already, go with what CPS says it is. If your radio already has been flashed
to a different flash code than what the original Motorola label says, and you order your upgrade
based on the label flashcode, the flash will fail. The CPS is smart enough to read the blue USB ibutton upgrade key
to see what the flash is going from and if that doesn't match your radio, it gives up right away.
2. Your model number
3. Your serial number.

If you don't have the Astro25 portable CPS to do this yourself, you will need a shop.
The sales rep that quoted you $366.77 to do this needs to be reported. Its a simple task (like 1/2 hr shop time)to add this
flash after the fact, and no sweat at the the initial time of order. I'm sure his sales manager would like to
hear from you about this.
B.
adlertom

Post by adlertom »

Thanks for the information. We did get the sales rep to correct his quote. ADP is $10 as you said.

Tom
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

Were you required to have 9600 Trunking in your flashcode?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

CTAMontrose wrote:Were you required to have 9600 Trunking in your flashcode?
9600 trunking is not a pre-requisite for having ADP, did someone actually tell you it was?
adlertom

Post by adlertom »

We did order 9600 baud trunking, because we will need that for our new system. My understanding is that the ADP will work without it however, such as on P25 simplex (but not analog simplex).
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

ADP will work simplex, conventional, 3600, 9600 trunked...as long as the voice is digital. ADP just doesn't work with analog voice.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Does it really work on a 3600 system?

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”