"Ring Down" using Spectra and Sabers

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jongage
What radios do you own?: Alot of old Motorolas

"Ring Down" using Spectra and Sabers

Post by Jongage »

I am new to the MDC, Qucik Call II, DTMF stuff so please any help is appriciated.

I am looking to (if possible) be able to "ring down" a motorola spectra/saber from another spectra. I recall while working at an old ambulance company, our spectra's used to blink "CALL" with an audible beep until we hit the home key. We operate on two licensed frequiencies, so interferience is not an issue.
We have A9 and A4's spectra's, and 2 Saber II. Operating in VHF.

Is this the MDC option??

-jongage
Bill_G

Re: "Ring Down" using Spectra and Sabers

Post by Bill_G »

Someone would have to go through your radios (with rss) to see if they are capable of encoding and decoding some type of signaling. Whether that is MDC, DTMF, quick-call, or whatever, it depends on what was sold in the radios. If they have a common signaling system, then yes, you could individually alert each radio from another radio.
Jongage
What radios do you own?: Alot of old Motorolas

Post by Jongage »

I have a copy of the Spectra Lab software. As I go through the RSS I am able to change the setting the "Encode" and "Decode"
Can you make one both encode and decode?
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Spectra Lab? I don't know. I would hope so, but you never know. In regular rss, yes - a radio can have both encode and decode. Just determine which signaling system you want to use, and then do it.

Return to “Radio Programming”