HT1250 Radio Locked

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

laxplurr06
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF/UHF, MTX9250

HT1250 Radio Locked

Post by laxplurr06 »

My HT1250 is giving me the radio locked error caused by entering three wrong passwords. I have tried installing a new internal battery and let it sit for an hour, and it still wont let me enter a password. I have read that maybe I would need to send this radio back to Motorola. If nobody can come up with a way to solve this how would I go about sending it to Motorola.

-Jeff
XTS5000 VHF/UHF, XTS2500 UHF, MTX9250
Al

Re: HT1250 Radio Locked

Post by Al »

As I recall, there was a problem with old versions of the radio firmware that caused this to occur. What is the firmware revision in your HT? If it's really old, flashing with the newest firmware will correct the problem, and that can be done local to you.
laxplurr06
New User

Post by laxplurr06 »

It has a firmware version of 05.14.00 off the top of my head. I will be sure to look into that.

Thanks!
laxplurr06
New User

Post by laxplurr06 »

Does any one else have any ideas on how to fix this before I call my local Motorola dealer?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Find a codeplug with the same model number, enable the password, save the codeplug, reopen it, then use a hex editor with RAM viewing capabilities and inspect your computer's memory, search for the same password you entered into your saved codeplug, note the location (offset) where it's stored in your computer's memory. Then read the problem radio, open your hex editor again,inspect the memory again and run a query for the offet previously noted and you may find the password right there, in plain text...
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

are you saying you entered the wrong password three times and the radio locked plus you have a password on the cps to read the radio too? just write the same codeplug back to the radio but remove the password option in the cps. you can even upgrade the firmware and that might clear the error message. but if the clock was running correctly in the radio when you entered the wrong password you should be able to turn it off for a while and that will clear
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
laxplurr06
New User

Post by laxplurr06 »

I just entered the wrong password 3 times. I do not have a lock on the CPS. I have tried to write the radio it just makes 5 beeping sounds then the CPS shows "Write Device Failed". Which I thought was odd because it reads the radio just fine.

I am not sure how to update the firmware in the radio. Could you please explain how to do this? Also the clock was not working correctly when the passwords were entered. I know the password to the radio. I was not the one who locked it out.

Thanks,
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

I'm actually talking about the internal clock that remembers things like passwords but if the 24hr clock wasn't working then it's possible it's stuck and don't know what to do. that usually means a trip to motorola but you can try to update the firmware, log into your mol account and download the firmware and you'll need the flash adaptor and a cable capable of booting the radio
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

If the clock isn't working, the internal lithium battery is bad. I do remember a post about this. The radio will never reset or allow you program. If you can get your hands on Unofficial Waris LaB, you can rewrite the firmware bypassing this issue, but first I suggest you save the original codeplug and tuning values of the radio. You will still have the clock not working issue, and you could cause the whole thing to happen again, if you don't replace the battery.

Return to “Radio Programming”