R-1200 Service Monitor

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

AL7OC
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Thales, Tekk

R-1200 Service Monitor

Post by AL7OC »

I have an old R-1200 service monitor which has gone belly up due to a bad deviation scope. The unit will not operate with the scope installed or deinstalled. Any suggestions on bypassing the scope in the monitor or replacing the monitor. If someone has an old R-1200 parts lying around that they want to get rid of (sell, trade, etc), please advise. I paid $300 for the monitor 15 years ago, so I don't have great expectations for it, but it's nice to have for a signal generator when aligning front ends or checking FM deviation. It's only used for messing around with my amateur gear.

Thanks for any advice. Maybe I should thow out the guts and keep the case for a lunch pail?

-Pierre
Pierre

AL7OC
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R-1200 Service Monitor

Post by DJP126 »

Does it turn on & won't lock? Won't turn on? Blows fuses? A little more explanation please. The R1200A may be old and heavy, but it has THE ABSOLUTE CLEANEST signal output of any equipment I've ever seen including today's wonder toys!
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”