XTL2500 VHF Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

henryg

XTL2500 VHF Programming

Post by henryg »

Hello. I am in the process of programming our first XTL2500 VHF, with conventional channels. I have looked and could not find the answers to a couple of questions.

1 - How do I make a channel receive only?

2 - How do I make a channel narrowband, 12.5 spacing?

3 - Can I change what the buttons do on a M5 control head?

Thanks. Henry
Jim202

Re: XTL2500 VHF Programming

Post by Jim202 »

henryg wrote:Hello. I am in the process of programming our first XTL2500 VHF, with conventional channels. I have looked and could not find the answers to a couple of questions.

1 - How do I make a channel receive only?

2 - How do I make a channel narrowband, 12.5 spacing?

3 - Can I change what the buttons do on a M5 control head?

Thanks. Henry

To make the channel RX only, you do that in the personality. You probably want to make one personality just RX only and dupe that personality in the zone information for any others that want to be RX only. The only time you might want another RX only is for the scan list if you put more than one zone in the radio.

The narrow band is done in the zone TX info. If you want the RX only channel to be narrow, you have to make it a full channel first, narrow it then go back and make it RX only.

The buttons are done in the control head section up near the top of the list. I Can't remember the exact entry to get to them, but remember you have to double click on one of the top menu selections for that area.

Jim
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Actually if you leave any channel as RX only it will receive narrow or wideband just fine. It doesn't care what it is. Narrow and wideband only affect TX. Try programming it sometime.

Jason
RKG

Post by RKG »

KB9KST wrote:Actually if you leave any channel as RX only it will receive narrow or wideband just fine. It doesn't care what it is. Narrow and wideband only affect TX. Try programming it sometime.

Jason
Not my experience. Narrowbanding/widbanding affects the deviation limiter on Tx and the IF bandpass width on Rx.

Return to “Radio Programming”