CDM 20-pin cable question

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wcu02mpa

CDM 20-pin cable question

Post by wcu02mpa »

Where can one buy the 20-pin programming cable for the CDM-1550. I see plenty of the 8-pin cable on eBay, but never any 20-pin ones. I am having programming trouble with a CDM-1550 that is remote mounted and I need to reporgram a few things. I am currently using WIN-98 and a standard RIB (might be my problem)

Would a ribless 8-pin USB cable work if I put the radio back in to a one piece configuration? I am using CPS 6.12.02.

Also will that CPS work in either Vista and/or XP?

Thanks,

Mike
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.
d119

Re: CDM 20-pin cable question

Post by d119 »

The software runs under XP just fine - I'd try upgrading your OS and see if that solves your problems.
wcu02mpa

Re: CDM 20-pin cable question

Post by wcu02mpa »

Thanks,

I have the new OS computers, but was making sure. The thing is that computer will read and program my HT1250 just fine, but I get a "RIB box not connected" message. I am gonna try it with a ribless USB cable and on my XP machine.....

Thanks
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.

Return to “Radio Programming”