EX cable build

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

craig

EX cable build

Post by craig »

I bought a USB cable for my EX560XLS. I know these are not good due to them being susceptible to com port interruptions and ultimately EEPROM CS ERRORs. That being said, I am going to cut off the USB end of this cable and put a 25pin connector on for use with my RIB. I pulled up the EX500/600 cable schematic here on Batlabs and noticed a 10k resistor between BUS+ and ground. Would a 10K Ohm 1/4-Watt carbon film resistor fill this requirement? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Al

Re: EX cable build

Post by Al »

Either 1/4 or 1/8 watt will work fine.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

definately have to give this guy props for chopping off the usb.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
craig

Post by craig »

Taking a bow for the props. Used a RadioShack 1/4 watt resistor, cable is working great. Thanks for the info!!!
craig

Post by craig »

Okay, I've made a flash programming box for my EX radio but my cheap cable doesn't have the boot control pin. Anyone have a source for a connector for this radio? I would like to build a new cable with the boot control pin so I can flash. I used to have a factory cable, but stupidly sold it.

Return to “Radio Programming”