XTL5000 "beep" when recieving transmissions

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

LFD57
New User

XTL5000 "beep" when recieving transmissions

Post by LFD57 »

Hello all, having an isssue with my XTL5000. When is scan on and scan off mode there is a "beep" about 3 seconds into the transmission of the channel talking. have tried enabling and unenabling the scan alert and alert tones but the only way i get it to go away is to lower the volume on the alert tones in the Radio wide>alert tones field. Looking for help.

Thanks

Adam
Jim202

Re: XTL5000 "beep" when recieving transmissions

Post by Jim202 »

LFD57 wrote:Hello all, having an isssue with my XTL5000. When is scan on and scan off mode there is a "beep" about 3 seconds into the transmission of the channel talking. have tried enabling and unenabling the scan alert and alert tones but the only way i get it to go away is to lower the volume on the alert tones in the Radio wide>alert tones field. Looking for help.

Thanks

Adam

I don't know why your hearing the beep 3 seconds into the transmission. I was going to say that you have a priority channel set, but you would hear the beep at the very beginning.

Jim
LFD57
New User

Post by LFD57 »

Yea i thought it might have been that at first also ( should have mentioned that to) but like i said does it in and out of scan mode. no idea ?!?! I do know its getting annoying to the point where i barly listen to it now outside of a few channels.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

Do you have the clear Rx alert turned on in the secure settings?
LFD57
New User

Post by LFD57 »

I dont beilive so, i do not see that check box anywhere? which tree is it in?
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

Radio Configuration -> Secure -> Secure Configuration -> Advanced Tab -> RX Clear Alert Tones

The only other thing i can think of is you have it set to a priority scan channel in the scan list.
LFD57
New User

Post by LFD57 »

RX Clear Alert tone did it, thank you everyone for the thoughts to get rid of. Happy Holidays

Adam

Return to “Radio Programming”