Line Sweeping

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

celltech25

Line Sweeping

Post by celltech25 »

Looking at getting a feed line analyzer and was wondering if anyone on here had any experince good or bad about the models that are available for purchase

Thanks
Bill_G

Re: Line Sweeping

Post by Bill_G »

I worked with several models of Anritsu. No complaints except the other guys never seem to put all the stuff back in the case.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

I've been very pleased with my Tektronix NetTek. I have a Y400-platform unit with the YBA250 antenna/feedline analyzer, YBT250 interference/spectrum analyzer, and YBT1 T1/E1 analyzer.
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Post by Motoboy »

Our shop recently invested in a BIRD Site Analyzer. My favorite part is the simplicity of operation. I can pick it up after not having seen it for six months and have all of the sweeps I need saved in the thing in about 15-20 minutes, from the time I take it out of the case to the time I put it back in. There is no trying to remember what function is where; there are only four different menu buttons.

It's a lot easier running that than the IFR2975 I use every day!
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

Post by radioinstl »

If you ask me, nothing comes close to an Agilent 8714 Network Analyzer. It may be a lot bigger to lug around, a lot harder to learn to use, and a lot more expensive, but NOTHING works as good.

There have been 100's of times I was called to sweep lines in both comercial 2way and with cellular were it was swept with a smaller cheaper quicker model. I got there and in 10 minutes found the issue and could tell them with in inches where it is.

For years most of the big boys, Motorola, Verizon, ATT etc would not accept anything else. In the DC area, Verizon still will not accept anything else.

If you want it done right and have the time and energy to learn how to use it, lug it around and the money, there is nothing better.

Used they run around $8000.00 to $20,000.
lau190
New User

Post by lau190 »

tvsjr wrote:I've been very pleased with my Tektronix NetTek. I have a Y400-platform unit with the YBA250 antenna/feedline analyzer, YBT250 interference/spectrum analyzer, and YBT1 T1/E1 analyzer.
tvsjr,
y400 with yba250 and ybt250 can work as a tracking gen.?

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”