Activating MACE in APX7000

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motorolanovice
New User

Activating MACE in APX7000

Post by motorolanovice »

Gday all Im looking for some information and help on purchasing and upgrading my APX.

I want des-ofb I have a kvl3000+ and the bits and these are the parts I need:

apx pcmcia encryption upgrade card T7556 with
add des-ofb encryption ca00840ak

Has anyone ever done this?
Is there a manual?
Is there are dealer out there happy to post to Australia?

I would appriciate anyhelp.

ps to the mods if I put this in the incorrect section sorry this is my first post be gentle.
motorolanovice
New User

Re: Activating MACE in APX7000

Post by motorolanovice »

Comeone my 20000+ on batboard radio friends there must be someone out there that can help me?
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

the problem you are going to run into is that people that order these typically only order them with the amount of radios they need to flash or in the case of a KVL upgrade, the number of KVLs. I highly doubt someone will want to part with a $600+ flashcard with unused flashes on it.
motorolanovice
New User

Post by motorolanovice »

I already looked at the price its about $150 for the card and about $500 for des-ofb encryption so yes around $600. I DONT WANT IT FOR FREE IM HAPPY TO PAY THE THE MONEY FOR IT. Im sure there is a dealer out there that can order the card with 1 flash on it?

Return to “Radio Programming”