Tones sent from dispatch

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Radio Intelligence Agency

Tones sent from dispatch

Post by Radio Intelligence Agency »

Hi,

I don´t know if my thread has been misplaced but anyway.
I´m administrating a Tetra fleet in our department (Europe). We are making some major updates these days (new TMO-groups, software updates, codeplug changes etc). One thing that has been irritating me is the fact that there are no attention tones used along with Tetra standard dispatch consoles if any standard excists over here these days. The dispacther has no way to "make sound" when important bulletins are broadcasted. Especially when we have a man down situation from time to time it would be a neat option as many portables are being carried in quite noisy environments. Tetra hasn´t got that good sound quality when it comes to adding attention tones I gues that goes for IMBE as well (word is). But anyway Motorola only support the mobile/portable part of it.

The dispatc set up is build by diffenrent suppliers meaning no good old Motorola noise on the air except if have it costum made and that´s exactly what we´re planing.

I was kinda hoping that someone here could go waaaaay back in the darkest corners and dig up som useful info for me. What I´m after is the time duration and Hz for the Motorola two-tone (might be approx 1500/800Hz but wouldn´t be sure) as well as the NYPD style pulsating tone.

Any help would be more than appreciated from the other side of the big lake.

Thanks
Keep it under your hat.

Man´s got to know his limitations.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”