Micom Pin Diode Information

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

btrains

Micom Pin Diode Information

Post by btrains »

I have fried many of the Pin diodes in my Micom, and have purchased the necessary replacements and have someone with the technical expertise to replace them, however, I don't have any documentation as to which diodes do what. I know there are 20 Pin diodes, and I can easily see them all on the board, and I know two are used for each harmonic filter (of which there are 7). I only have one working harmonic filter currently (range 7, 19.8-30.0 MHz) and so I know the radio still operates. However, without knowing which diodes correspond to what, I'm basically shooting in the dark and I don't want to take any more chances.

So far no one has been able to help. Some people have stated the manual is too large to scan and email, others just tell me to buy the manual from RCI. I don't need the full manual, just a diagram showing the locations of the Pin diodes with labels, and then a list of the diodes, their board number, and what they correspond to.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”