System 500 CB manuals?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

System 500 CB manuals?

Post by kf4sqb »

I recently acquired a System 500 mobile CB at a local pawn shop, for the low, low price of $60. It does turn on, but I haven't checked it any further than that yet. Does anyone out there have any of the manuals for these? Thanks!
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: System 500 CB manuals?

Post by Wowbagger »

If you get a line on any, I'd like to know - I have a System 500 as well.

The first thing I'd check out would be to put some cleaner through the pots and switches - plastic safe, of course - followed by some tuner lube. My unit was a bit "scritchy" before I did so.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
kf4sqb
What radios do you own?: I can't enter that much....

Re: System 500 CB manuals?

Post by kf4sqb »

Yeah, the squelch control is a bit scratchy in mine. The volume seems OK, but I haven't really gotten any further than that yet. I do know that the mic element is shot; it fell apart. I'm thinking of trying to put one of the old Mitrec/Motrac/Micor mics I have laying around on it.
kf4sqb "at" wetsnet "dot" com

Look for the new "Jedi" series portables!

Bat-Phone= BAT-CAVE (2283)

-.- .. ....- -.-. -.-- . .. ... -- -.-- -... .-. --- - .... . .-. .-.-.-

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”