ht1250 programming software

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

adamdavis43040
New User

ht1250 programming software

Post by adamdavis43040 »

Hello guys,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on, or point me in the right direction. I have a UHF ht1250 limited keypad radio that I want to program, I have a cable to program, however no software, I have an account with Motorola to purchase cables/ribs/etc. when I look under the programming section of the site the only thing that comes up is a firmware update but no actual programming software. Those of you who are familiar with how motorola handles software allocation to individuals: how do I get access to be able to purchase and download the software? Do I need to contact motorola to request permission to have access and purchase software? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: ht1250 programming software

Post by SteveC0625 »

adamdavis43040 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on, or point me in the right direction. I have a UHF ht1250 limited keypad radio that I want to program, I have a cable to program, however no software, I have an account with Motorola to purchase cables/ribs/etc. when I look under the programming section of the site the only thing that comes up is a firmware update but no actual programming software. Those of you who are familiar with how motorola handles software allocation to individuals: how do I get access to be able to purchase and download the software? Do I need to contact motorola to request permission to have access and purchase software? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You buy the software just like any other part or accessory. The part number is HVN9025 and you can easily find it in the Buying Center with the Search function. You may have to sign the software license agreement first. If that is required, a quick call to the 800 number will get you set up so that you can buy it.

Just be prepared for some sticker shock as the CPS is currently $265 for a three year subscription. If you only want to program it once or twice, you may be much better off (dollarwise) to just take to a /\/\ shop and have them do it. Typical programming fees are in the $30 range.
Last edited by SteveC0625 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

Thanks Steve for the info that's steep for cps!
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

Ok gang the radio deal I had fell through. What on average can I expect to pay for a decent ht1250 or 1550 in the UHF 450-513 split? I kinda want to gauge if I need to forget spending the 270 on CPS and try and find a local radio programming company to program my freq's or still consider purchasing the software. Thanks for anyone's input
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

adamdavis43040 wrote:Ok gang the radio deal I had fell through. What on average can I expect to pay for a decent ht1250 or 1550 in the UHF 450-513 split? I kinda want to gauge if I need to forget spending the 270 on CPS and try and find a local radio programming company to program my freq's or still consider purchasing the software. Thanks for anyone's input
In the split you need, I am not seeing any HT1550's under $350 used at the moment. HT1250's are a better market. Auctions are down in the $125 and up range. Not sure where they'll end up. Used in like new condition are up towards $300 and beyond. Some of it depends on which model you need and keypad, limited keypad, or no keypad. I also saw some Buy It Now in the $140+ range. No way to tell if that's a bargain or junk in a couple of minutes of looking.

You'll have to look around and study the sellers as much as the gear.

Again, my general recommendation to folks in your shoes still stands: If you only have the one radio, and only plan to have it programmed once or twice, IMHO, you are much better off have it done by a shop or other competent programmer. Programming costs can vary, but basic conventional seems to be around $30 for a one or two dozen channels. The software for the Waris series is complex and there is a steep learning curve. Dollar wise, you are much further ahead and you get the advantage of decent programming right away. Spend the dollars saved on accessories like a holster and car charger. As always, YMMV.
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

Thank You Sir, your input is valued!! I have my eye on a refurbed 1250 full keypad. I am hopeful that this deal will shake out in my favor. I will have it programed locally support our local businesses :)
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

Got my 1250 it's on the way! Thanks for your advice.

Return to “Radio Programming”