MTS2000 alignment and squelch adjustments

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Charlied
What radios do you own?: MTS2000

MTS2000 alignment and squelch adjustments

Post by Charlied »

I live near Dothan, Al and I asked the nearest authorized shop in Dothan if they could perform all the individual unit adjustments (sq, alignment,etc.) and they said they could try but basically assured me the unit would brick.
Is there anyone near or not so near that could go through this unit and perform all the adjustments?
Do not need tx/rx frequencies set up.
Might i add someone that KNOWS what they are doing not someone who will just copy over their MTS settings.

Charlie
Last edited by Charlied on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KI4ISE
Jim202

Re: MTS2000 individual adjustments

Post by Jim202 »

Charlied wrote:I live near Dothan, Al and I asked the nearest authorized shop in Dothan if they could perform all the individual unit adjustments (sq, alignment,etc.) and they said they could try but basically assured me the unit would brick.
Is there anyone near or not so near that could go through this unit and perform all the adjustments?
Do not need tx/rx frequencies set up.
Might i add someone that KNOWS what they are doing not someone who will just copy over their MTS settings.

Charlie

If that is the best answer this shop can come up with, they shouldn't be in the repair business. Sounds like they either didn't want to deal with you, or they are dumb as a rock. There is another possibility in that they didn't have the software and cable to be able to get into the radio. If that was the case, they should have told you that.

Doesn't matter, find someone else.

Jim
Will

Re: MTS2000 individual adjustments

Post by Will »

A MTS2000 alignment and calibration with the correct software will not brick a radio.

Most so-called Motorola shops have absolutely NO clue how to do the alignment. They probably
do not even have the correct test equipment either.
So the "local shop" is not where you want to go.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”