MCS2000 accessory switch

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

MCS2000 accessory switch

Post by tdats »

I have been playing around with a MCS2000 and am considering hooking up a TNC for APRS tracking on the ham band. What I am wondering if there is any way to use a front panel button to toggle the power on and off to the TNC. It is a model 2 control head.

Connecting the TNC to the 25 pin accessory port looks pretty straight forward. What I am hoping is that I can somehow use a button to toggle a relay or something to control the power to the TNC for when I don't want to use it to do APRS. My thought is with some of the siren control options on the software, that maybe one of the IO pins can be toggled. The TNC will be buried in a console.

I could just install an external switch, but I would rather use one of the buttons on the radio if I can. I am not having a lot of luck finding what the IO pins can do, and how to get them to do something. I am using the windows CPS RVN4175 2.03.

Any suggestions?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”